A Gift From Google: Achieve Page 1 Visibility on Google Search With Google Profile
This post will be the 1st of several about Google Search, Google Social Search, Google Buzz, and Google Profiles.
Google Profiles Were Created For the Social Web
In the video below, Matt Cutts states that, in his mind, Google Profiles will have the biggest influence on Google Social Search.
What is a Google Profile?
Google has made it possible for you to create a personal profile web page, available for the world to see, that will include as much, or as little as you want the world to know about you.
Google Profiles are likely to become more relevant than ever with the introduction of Google Buzz this week.
Much like a personal business card, Your Google Profile provides you an opportunity to control what peopl find when they search for your name on Google. You can include basic information, the who, what, when, where and why you exist, for all the world to see, or manage content visibl to groups you create such as business, friends and family. In May 2009, Google announced that Google Profile results wll appear at the bottom of U.S. name based keyword search queries. (this typically means #10 at the bottom of page 1 Google).
5 Reasons Why You Need A Google Profile:
- Your Google Profile helps people find you on page 1 of Google, even if you don’t have a website.
- Your Google Profile will enhance social media visibility and connections.
- You have complete control over what you include, or choose not to include.
- Your Google Profile is an essential component to participating in Google Social Search.
- Google Profiles offers a launching point for business, geographic, photos, personal data and interests that connect you to “birds of a feather” from your past and current life.
Do you have a Google Profile? Are you more likely to create a Google Profile?
Let me know, I’d love to hear from you!